BANT has secured a deal worth thousands of pounds for its members – giving them access to two of the biggest evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine databases in the world for FREE.
BANT has secured fully licensed access to both the Natural Standard and the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. For the first time BANT members will have access to both of these databases for free.
The two databases, run by Therapeutic Research, will be merging in 2014 and members will continue to have free access to the new super database thanks to the deal BANT has negotiated with the company.
The merged database will preserve content from both resources and users will gain access to over 300 additional ingredient articles and more than 100 continuing education modules for all healthcare disciplines will be incorporated.
The new resource will also include the following:
- Extensive natural product library that was developed in conjunction with the NIH/ODS Natural Medicines Dietary Supplement Label Database project.
- Interactions severity ratings (red, yellow, green) will be applied to Natural Standard’s rigorous systematic evidence-based ingredient reviews.
- Natural Standard comparative efficacy charts and more than 500 medical conditions monographs covering 3000 plus indications will be maintained as resources for achieving optimal health and wellness outcomes.
- Consensus statements on complementary and alternative modalities, special diets, exercise and other prevention techniques will continue to be available.
- NaturalMedWatch and Fixed Combination products content will be maintained in the updated product as well.
BANT members can use this link to access the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database – http://www.bant.org.uk/bant/jsp/member/natMedDB.faces
BANT members can use this link to access the Natural Standard Database –http://www.bant.org.uk/bant/jsp/member/natStandardDB.faces